Do you love biology and want to study it at university?
Do you need a qualification to prepare you for degree-level study in this fascinating field?
If so, then an access to higher education (HE) biology course might be just what you need.
Today, we will tell you everything you need to know about this type of course.
So, grab your lab coat and let’s dig in!
What is an Access to HE Course in Biology?
Access to HE in Biology is a course that is equivalent to A-Levels in terms of academic level and UCAS points.
It is designed for adults who want to study biology at university but do not have the traditional entry requirements.
Access to HE in Biology is a flexible and convenient way to study online, at your own pace and around your other commitments.
You can complete the course in as little as 9 months or up to 2 years, depending on how much time you can dedicate to your studies.
The course generally covers a wide range of topics in biology, such as microbiology, human anatomy and physiology, genetics, biopsychology, and much more.
Why study Access to HE in Biology?
- You have a passion for biology and want to learn more about it.
- You want to pursue a degree in biology or a related subject at university.
- You want to improve your career prospects in science, health, research, or conservation.
- You want to gain new skills and knowledge that are relevant and useful for your personal or professional development.
- You want to challenge yourself academically and intellectually.
- You want to study online at your own pace and convenience.
What can you expect to learn in a Biology Access to HE Course?
- The fundamental concepts and principles of biology and how they apply to different contexts and situations.
- The scientific method and how to conduct research using various sources of information and data.
- The structure and function of different biological systems and processes at the molecular, cellular, organ, organismal, and ecosystem levels.
- The diversity of life forms on earth and their evolutionary origins and relationships.
- The role of biology in health and disease prevention and treatment.
- The ethical, social, environmental, and economic implications of biological issues and developments.
What career paths are available with Access to HE in Biology?
Studying an access to HE course in Biology can open up many career pathways for you in science, health, research, or conservation. Some examples of jobs that require a degree in biology or a related subject are:
A biologist studies living organisms and their interactions with each other and their environment. Biologists can work in various fields, such as ecology, botany, zoology, microbiology, genetics, biochemistry, biotechnology, marine biology, and more.
A health professional is someone who provides healthcare services to patients or populations. Health professionals can work in various fields, such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, radiography, and more.
A researcher conducts scientific investigations to discover new knowledge or solve problems. Researchers can work in various sectors such as academia, industry, government, and non-governmental organisations.
A conservationist works to protect and restore the natural environment and its biodiversity. Conservationists can work in various roles, such as wildlife manager, environmental educator, ecotourism operator, policymaker, and more.
These are just some examples of the many career options available with access to HE courses in Biology.
You can also use your degree as a stepping stone to further study, such as a master’s or a PhD, or to pursue other fields of interest.
Why Access Courses Online?
Access Courses Online is the best place to study biology access to HE courses for many reasons.
- We are a leading provider of online access courses in the UK, with over 20 years of experience and expertise.
- We are accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and recognised by UCAS and universities across the UK.
- We offer flexible and affordable payment options, including instalments.
- We provide high-quality teaching and support from qualified, experienced tutors and subject specialists.
We look forward to welcoming you to our online learning community and helping you realise your academic and career goals.