Are you dreaming of pursuing higher education but may not be qualified to do so?
Access to higher education courses online might be the key to unlocking your university ambitions!
These programs offer students from non-traditional backgrounds to gain entry into universities.
In this blog post, we'll explore how access courses are empowering students and helping them achieve their academic dreams.
We'll also explore the question, "Do universities accept online access courses?"
So let's dive in and discover how these transformative programs can change your life forever!
Overview of Access to HE Courses
Access to higher education courses online is designed for students who want to return to education and study for a degree.
They allow you to develop the academic skills and knowledge needed to enter university.
What is an access course equivalent to?
The course is equivalent to three A-Levels. After completion, you will be eligible to apply for a degree programme at any UK university.
The Access to HE course is divided into units covering different topics. You will be assessed through a combination of exams and coursework and receive a grade for each unit you complete.
To pass the course, you must achieve a minimum grade of D in all units.
Upon completing the Access to HE course, you will have developed the skills and knowledge needed to progress to university.
What are the Benefits of Access to HE Courses
Taking Access to Higher Education (HE) courses has many benefits.
- They help students who may not have the traditional qualifications to enter university.
- They provide an opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge required for university.
- They can also help boost confidence and motivation.
- Access courses can lead to many exciting careers, including medicine, law, and teaching. They can also open up opportunities to further study at a Master's or PhD level.
- Access courses can be flexible. Many universities offer part-time and distance learning options. This allows students to study around other commitments.
Do Universities Accept Online Access Courses
The acceptance of these diplomas varies greatly among universities.
- Oxford and Cambridge accept students with Access to HE Diplomas. Cambridge has specific subject requirements.
- Imperial College London is known for not accepting such diplomas due to their perceived lack of preparation for STEM courses.
- UCL and King's College London consider Access to HE Diplomas but require specific grades and subjects.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science assesses Access to HE Diploma students alongside other applicants using the entirety of information presented on the UCAS application.
Are you Interested in pursuing a degree using an Access to Higher Education diploma?
Researching the university and programme requirements before applying is important. Also, contact the admissions office to discuss your circumstances.
Access Courses Online: The Key to Unlocking Your Dream Care
Are you dreaming of a career in nursing, engineering, or psychology but lacking the qualifications?
Access Courses Online may be the solution you've been looking for! Flexible online courses allow you to pursue your goals and become who you want.
If you’re worried about funding for access to higher education courses, there's more than one way to fund your Access to Higher Education Diploma. These include credit cards with up to 30 months interest-free or buy now pay later options.
So what are you waiting for? Take the first step towards your future today!