It's important to consider the career aspects of your courses. Especially if it's a long-term commitment, such as Access to Higher Education courses.
So, can you get a job with an Access Course?
The good news is that Access Courses can be a great pathway into many different job roles.
Let's dive in and explore how an Access Course can help kick-start your career and improve your chances of securing a dream job.
Can I get a job with an Access Course?
Yes, you can. In fact, some employers prefer candidates who have completed an Access Course. This is because an Access Course demonstrates your commitment to learning and acquiring new skills.
Additionally, an Access Course can give you an edge over other candidates who may not have completed one.
But, as with everything in life, there are no guarantees.
What are the benefits of completing an Access Course?
One of the most obvious benefits is that it can help you get into a university course you may not have been able to.
It can also allow you to improve your grades if you didn't do as well as you wanted in your previous exams.
Access courses can help you develop valuable skills such as communication, problem-solving and critical thinking, which are useful in any job.
It can help you stand out from other applicants when applying for jobs. Many employers value experience and skills over academic qualifications, so an Access Course can show that you have what it takes to succeed in the workplace.
Depending on the career you move into, Access Courses can help you create a portfolio of your work, showing your skills and experience.
An Access Course can allow you to meet new people and make new friends.
Access Course Paths
Access Course pathways can open new career opportunities and give you the confidence to take on new challenges. The best place to find out more about an institution and its possible pathways is to read its frequently asked questions (FAQs).
What are some of your options?
- Social workers support individuals, families, and communities by helping improve their quality of life.
- Teachers educate and inspire students of various ages in various subjects.
- Healthcare professionals provide patients with a wide range of services, including diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries.
- Legal professionals advise and represent clients in criminal and civil law matters.
- Business professionals provide advice, guidance, and support in business operations.
- Accountants prepare financial statements, manage budgets, and assist with tax returns.
- Human resources professionals are responsible for recruiting, hiring, and developing staff.
- IT professionals are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Marketing professionals develop and implement strategies to promote products and services.
- Project managers are responsible for managing the completion of projects on time and within budget.
What entry-level positions Access Courses can help you secure?
If you're considering an Access Course, you might wonder what positions are available to entry-level candidates. Here are some examples of jobs that an Access Course can help you get:
- An administrative assistant provides administrative support in an office environment.
- A customer service representative looks after clients, ensuring they have a positive experience with the company.
- Receptionists are responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones, and providing information to customers.
- Retail assistants provide customer service and help to maintain the store's appearance.
- Social media managers manage a business's social media accounts, create content, and engage with customers.
- Technical support helps customers with technical issues and troubleshooting.
Benefits of having an Access Course on your CV
An Access to Higher Education Course can boost your CV in a few ways.
- It shows you are motivated to learn and dedicated to completing a course.
- An Access Course demonstrates that you can simultaneously take on different high-level responsibilities.
- Studying an Access Course shows employers you are self-motivated and can take on tasks independently.
- Many employers view an Access Course as equal to A Levels, so having one on your CV may make you more competitive for certain jobs.
- Universities and professional bodies recognise access courses, so completing one can help you stand out from the crowd.
Where to study?
Consider Access Courses Online! It's an accredited Access Course provider associated with Cambridge Online Education, one of the UK's leading online learning providers.
From nursing and computer science to music technology and teaching, they offer flexible learning with quality support and guidance.
With Access Courses Online, you can gain the qualifications and skills necessary to progress into further studies and succeed in your chosen career.
Contact us today, and take the first step to your brighter future!